Sites for Kids
- Ben's Guide - U.S. Government
Web Sites for Kids
- Best Sites for Kids
- FirstGov for Kids - the U.S. government
interagency Kids' Portal.
Websites for Kids from ALA (American Library Association)
- Online Activities from
KidsDomain - Numerous activities of all types for kids.
- Search Tools for Kids - Search
engines designed for use by children accompanied by screened sites just for
- Websites for Kids
- a Canadian site
- BrainFood - Finished his/her
work? Try this stimulating site if your child has a few minutes to spare!
- Child Safety on the Information Highway
- rules for kids and guidelines for parents.
- Crossword Puzzle Fun
- Site offers 32,400 free crossword puzzles and fun tools for people who enjoy
- Online Crosswords - Not only
crosswords are on this site. Play Word Search, Word Slide and even Currency
- Energy Quest: Energy
Education from the California Energy Commission
- Fun Brain: Where Kids Get Power:
check out their educational games
- Lil' Fingers
Storybook Over a dozen stories and a coloring
activities page also
- Muppet Movies - Lyric archive
for Kids - The smell of a flower - The memory of a walk in the park -
The pain of stepping on a nail. These experiences are made possible by the
3 pounds of tissue in our heads...the BRAIN!! Explore their activities to
learn more about this part of you.
- Safety for Kids:
What to do if you are lost, avoiding fights, and lots of other issues.
- StudyStack - The StudyStackTM concept
was designed to help people memorize information about various subjects. Using
the StudyStack web site, you use your computer to display a stack of "virtual
cards" which contain information about a certain subject.
- Weekly Brain Teasers: grades
3-4, 5-6, and 7 +
and Pictures - These games and activities from the BBC will make learning
Newspapers Just for Kids
News - America's Leading News Source for Kids.
- Science Daily
- Links to the latest research news
- Student News Net - Student
News Net - Explore your world
- TimeForKids Online - from
- Yak's Corner - Welcome
to Yak's Corner, America's coolest newsmagazine for kids
- Make your
own Bookmarks -Design and print your own personal bookmarks.
- Sesame Street Coloring
Pages: A collection of coloring pages featuring the letters of the alphabet
and your favorite characters from Sesame Street.
- Coloring Pages from
PBS - Find your favorite characters to color!
- Segplay - Color
by number pictures online interactive.
- The American Secular
Holidays Calendar - "Let's see ... hmmmm, when is Veterans day?" If you
ever ask questions like that, go to this page enter the year and see important
dates for that year. This calendar covers years later than 1776. If you are
interested, in the year 2195 Earth Day will be Wednesday, 22 April.
Directory - Holidays and Observances
- Large list of Holiday links from a Canadian teacher
Just for Fun
- Barney and Friends - Music,
games, stories and more.
- roll the die to make the pattern match the cube on the right.
- Games - Many different game formats.
Similar to the video game machines of old.
- Games - Many games to
- Great Mazes
- Can you find your way out? On-line interactive mazes to choose from, .
- J'rio - Similar to
Mario Brothers game
- Mastermind -
I know it's just a game! But, this game really makes you, or your students,
use logical reasoning. Give it a try.
- Nibbly - Similar
to the Pacman games
- Mazes - Prongo
- Printable for older kids
- Mazes - Printables
- Paint By Number
-The Art of Piecful Imaging - Color by number in the digital age!
- Pauly's Playhouse - Some of
the games are educational and others are just plain fun. Want to see a neat
four function calculator for kids? Take a look at Professor
Finkle's Adding Machine.
- School Express - Fun Time
- Many games to enjoy!
- Sesame Street - A place for
kids to have fun! Games, stories, art, music and many other activities.
- Spiderman in Amazing
Adventures an activity book for children K-6. Part of the READ*WRITE*NOW!
- Surfing the Net with Kids - Barbara
J. Feldman, a former computer consultant and programmer, is the mother of
two young children. "Surfing the Net with Kids" is syndicated in newspapers
- Test your checkers
skills against a monkey (Fenyang)
- Find as many words as you can! Beat the monster!